Patient Participation Group 2017-2018
- June 2017: All of our PPG had their Dementia training organised and facilitated by the Alzheimer’s Society.
- July 2017: End of Life Planning. A first for the Practice, designed to support patients, family members and carers in planning living wills, accessing financial support and counselling. Delegates included Age UK, Citizens Advice Bureau and Carers Northumberland. We will hopefully see more of these events
- October 2017: Open Flu Clinic, This was a specially supported clinic for a marginalised local community. Accommodated in the local church hall with refreshments provided by the PPG. Supported by Carers Northumberland, local Alzheimer’s Society representatives and a representative from Northumberland County Blind Association.
- February 2018: Cuppa with a copper. This event was formed following a request from patients to strengthen community relations with the local Police. Community Support Officers came along to speak to patients about safety and crime.
- March 2018: Winter lap blankets- A joint exercise with Northumbria Police supported by the SPMG Knit and natter group. Members knitted and crocheted lap blankets, hats and gloves which were distributed by the Community Support Officers to some of our more vulnerable community members.
- March 2018: Crossword group. This group was aimed at the local community but also including people whose first language is not English.
- March 2018: The Practice supported by the PPG set up a Carers Support Clinic including therapies, support by Carers Northumberland.
Energy Awareness Session
Great turnout for the Practices first Energy Awareness Session with National Energy Action Newcastle.
All of the attendees went away with freebies- Home temperature gauge, CO2 detector and advice on savings and switching.
Plus those who attended if eligible will be referred by our facilitator Josh for free insulation-Bonus. Come along and ask at reception if you are interested- we would love to see you, more dates so
Free Energy Advice Surgery
Would you like to know how to:
- Get a better deal on your electricity or gas?
- Understand your fuel bills?
- Save energy and money on your heating, hot water or appliance use?
- Find out if you're eligible for insulation and heating schemes, fuel discounts and other services?
- Deal with fuel debts?
- Reduce condensation damp and mould at home?
We are holding a free 'Take Control' energy advice surgery at Seaton Park Medical Group on Tuesday 4th December between 2pm-3pm. Speak to reception for more details and to sign up.
Bring along your electricity/gas fuel statements (or bills) if you have a billing issue or need help to get a better energy deal.
The session will be led by Josh Sawyer, Energy Advisor from NEA the national energy efficiency charity.
Knit and Natter Ladies
What a great day for our Knit and Natter Ladies, a whopping £316 raised in support of Macmillan Cancer through the sale of their knitted items and the Vintage Tea afternoon.
Also a massive thank you to our lovely patients who have supported us in raising this.
End of Life Planning Session
On 27th July 2017 we held our first End of Life Planning session at our Norham Road Branch, with delegates from Age UK, Northumberland, Citizens Advice Bureau Ashington, and Carers Northumberland. We also had advice on hand about making Advanced Decisions, Will Making, Funeral Payments and Bereavement Services.
As a Practice we believe everyone should have the opportunity for honest, sensitive and well informed conversations about dying, death and bereavement, whether they are the person dying, a family member or a Carer.
The conversation should be early enough to enable people to reflect, to adapt and agree, with these key points in mind.
- Think about your wishes;
- Write down what you want and don’t want; and
- Share your plan.
Please let us know if you require further information as we have some useful handouts, or why not come along to our quarterly sessions which will be advertised in advance.
Age UK Long Term Conditions Exercise Class
Age UK Long Term Conditions Exercise Class- Norham Road. Do you have a chronic disease which we are managing, if you have, please enquire with our Practice Nurses about this course which is run by Age UK. A 8-12 week course, low impact floor and chair based activities, participation through referral only.
Building a Boat
The project has now been completed, watch this space for updates on its launch.
Building a Boat. SPMG are working with the Spital Estate Community Assoication (SECA) to refer interested patients into this active group who are currently involved in building A Viking Sports Craft (See photos). They have also acquired others pieces of the regions history with plans of refurbishment. For more information please ask at reception or call the SECA mobile and leave your details and a short message 07376-815688.
NHS 70th Birthday Celebrations
Knit and Natter Charity Drive
Are you interested in puzzles and crosswords, they are challenging and fun and may improve your ability to find words.If this is for you why not come along to our group.
Running every second Tuesday of the month from 10am-12pm from the Norham Road Health Ed Room.
Just ask at reception.
SPMG Knit and Natter Group
The lovely ladies from the Wansbeck Day Oncology Unit receiving their cheque for £100 and knitted hats donated by the SPMG Knit and Natter Group.
Ashington Leisure Centre
Great Day at the Ashington Leisure Centre on Friday 12th October promoting SPMG's Social Groups and meeting some lovely people
The Walking Group
Seaton Park Medical Group have a walking group.
Every Tuesday at 10am from the Health Education Room at Norham Road
Some of the items made Blackberry Whiskey and Sloe Gin
Join Our Patient Group
We are always looking for ways to improve our service to you. To help in this process we would invite you to join our Patient Group.
If you would be interested in participating you can ask at reception.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.